Rauemi | Resources
Jen Margaret in conversation with Mitzi Nairn, a leading figure in the anti-racism and Te Tiriti justice movements since their formation, produced this podcast series in which Mitzi shares her thoughts on topics related to social justice and liberation. This project was supported by CORSO Inc. and AWEA, 2010.
Mitzi was the Director of the Combined Churches of Aotearoa New Zealand’s Programme on Racism, and was actively involved in anti-racism initiatives for over 50 years, from the 1960s onwards. She described herself as a traditionally built Pākehā woman with a background in community education, especially addressing Te Tiriti Waitangi. Mitzi passed away in December 2023. Moe mai rā e te māreikura.
I want to:
LEARN MORE ABOUT TE TIRITI AND THE ACTIONS I CAN TAKE
- Te Tiriti readings and actions
- Working as allies – the book
- Discussion starters for allies
- 0800Haumi: Allies in action – Julia Whaipooti and Jen Margaret in conversation
- Tangata Tiriti Haumi: Allies in Health Webinar
- Ka Mua, Ka Muri: Understanding Te Tiriti Discussion Guide
- Haumi: Collective Hope, Action and Change in Challenging Times Webinar
- Te Tiriti Honouring Actions for tangata Tiriti
GET GUIDANCE AND TOOLS FOR UPHOLDING TE TIRITI IN OUR ORGANISATION
KNOW MORE ABOUT WHAT PĀKEHĀ CAN DO TO ADDRESS INHERITED PRIVILEGE
- Land of the Long White Cloud – A documentary series that tells the stories of Pākehā who are confronting our colonial past and present.
- State of the Nation – Jen Margaret explores the necessity to unravel privilege, racism and colonisation, and suggests ways in which Pākehā might work to do so. Available as an essay or audio.
- Thoughts on Social Justice – Audio recordings of interviews with Mitzi Nairn in which she shares her thoughts on topics related to social justice and liberation.