UNDERSTANDING TE TIRITI (IN-DEPTH)
5 hours, self-paced (online), for organisations
This comprehensive workshop will give you a rich and detailed understanding of Te Tiriti, its history, meaning and current relevance.
- Pre-treaty relationships
- Te Tiriti context and content
- Colonisation and its impacts
- Key events since 1975
WHAT WILL YOU learn?
By the end of this workshop, you’ll:
- understand the historical and current relevance of Te Tiriti
- recognise the ongoing impacts of colonisation
- identify actions that you can take personally to uphold Te Tiriti.
WHAT will YOU RECEIVE?
Registering for this workshop, gives you 12 weeks’ access to:
- 3.5 hours of presenter videos
- interactive activities and reflective activities
- a downloadable comprehensive set of accompanying readings (24pg)
- a completion certificate.
who's it for?
- This workshop is for anyone who wants to gain a detailed understanding of the historical context of Te Tiriti, its meaning, and its current relevance.
- Many organisations use this workshop together with our application workshops.
“I thought the online videos were some of the best self-guided online learning I have ever done. Something about the way the presenter spoke made it feel like she was communicating directly to me, rather than like I was watching a video of her talking to someone else.”
“The pre-learning component was really excellent, I learnt a great deal of information and everyone should do something like this.”
“A much-needed, exceptional introduction to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and what it means to be tangata tiriti. I certainly hope that this course becomes part of the CRI learning pathway.”
“Well presented for people who have little knowledge, particularly people new to Aotearoa.”
Groundwork aims to make Te Tiriti education accessible for everyone. We have different rates for our workshops depending on what type of organisation you are. We also have a discount that applies if multiple workshop registrations are bought at the same time.
interested in what’s next?
After completing this course, organisations can continue to Stage 2: Applying Te Tiriti
Stage 2: applying
Once you have a foundational understanding of Te Tiriti, the critical next step is knowing its relevance and application to your work.
These workshops bring together our experience in applying Te Tiriti with your organisational knowledge to generate Te Tiriti honouring action.
applying te tiriti
Turn your understanding into action
- Self-paced or facilitated (online)
- Half day
APPLYING TE TIRITI (IN EDUCATION)
Bring Te Tiriti to life in your educational practice
- Self-paced (online)
- Half day
APPLYING TE TIRITI (IN HEALTH)
Improve health outcomes by honouring Te Tiriti
- Facilitated (online)
- 1 day
APPLYING TE TIRITI (SECTOR SPECIFIC)
Uphold Te Tiriti within your sector
- Facilitated (online or onsite)
- 1 day
Header photo courtesy of Archives New Zealand (2017)