UNDERSTANDING TE TIRITI (IN-DEPTH)
5 hours, self-paced (online), for individuals
This comprehensive workshop will give you a rich and detailed understanding of Te Tiriti, its history, meaning and current relevance.
Are you looking for Understanding Te Tiriti (in-depth) for organisations?
- Pre-treaty relationships
- Te Tiriti context and content
- Colonisation and its impacts
- Key events since 1975
WHAT WILL YOU learn?
By the end of this workshop, you’ll:
- understand the historical and current relevance of Te Tiriti
- recognise the ongoing impacts of colonisation
- identify actions that you can take personally to uphold Te Tiriti.
WHAT will YOU RECEIVE?
Registering for this workshop gives you six months’ access to:
- 3.5 hours of presenter videos
- interactive activities
- reflective activities
- a downloadable comprehensive set of accompanying readings (24pg)
- a completion certificate
who's it for?
- This workshop is for anyone who wants to gain a detailed understanding of the historical context of Te Tiriti, its meaning, and its current relevance.
“I thought the online videos were some of the best self-guided online learning I have ever done. Something about the way the presenter spoke made it feel like she was communicating directly to me, rather than like I was watching a video of her talking to someone else.”
“The pre-learning component was really excellent, I learnt a great deal of information and everyone should do something like this.”
“A much-needed, exceptional introduction to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and what it means to be tangata tiriti. I certainly hope that this course becomes part of the CRI learning pathway.”
“Well presented for people who have little knowledge, particularly people new to Aotearoa.”
Groundwork aims to make Te Tiriti education accessible for everyone. We have different rates for our workshops based on income level. A discount is applied if you purchase Stage 1 and 2 (Understanding and Applying) workshops together.
GST is applied when entering payment details.
Te Tiriti Resources
hear about new workshops and resources