UNDERSTANDING TE TIRITI (concise)
2.5 hours, self-paced (online), for individuals
This succinct and powerful insight into Te Tiriti o Waitangi provides a great starting point for considering what Te Tiriti means today.
- Pre-treaty relationships
- Te Tiriti context and content
- Colonisation and its impacts
- Current issues and action
WHAT WILL YOU learn?
By the end of this workshop, you’ll:
- appreciate the historical and current relevance of Te Tiriti
- recognise some of the ongoing impacts of colonisation
- identify actions that you can take personally to uphold Te Tiriti.
WHAT will YOU RECEIVE?
Registering for this workshop gives you 12 weeks’ access to:
- 2 hrs of presenter videos
- reflective activities
- downloadable copies of He Whakaputanga and Te Tiriti
- a list of suggested readings and personal actions
- a completion certificate.
who's it for?
- This workshop is for anyone who is new to Te Tiriti and needs an overview, or who’s already done a Te Tiriti workshop and wants a refresher.
- This course is the concise version of our 5-hour self-paced workshop Understanding Te Tiriti (in-depth).
“The day one online learning was engaging, informative and well paced.”
“A safe, inclusive environment which allowed for good learning, reflection, lightness and sitting in the discomfort of the history, topic, impacts and our current situation.”
“I think it’s great. I would advocate for making it part of our induction package for new employees.”
“The pre-work and workshop [Understanding and Applying] were extremely valuable and a fantastic way to start our voyage in doing our part as an organisation to honour Te Tiriti in a more authentic and meaningful manner.”
Groundwork aims to make Te Tiriti education accessible for everyone. We have different rates for our workshops based on income level.
Te Tiriti Resources
hear about new workshops and resources