UNDERSTANDING TE TIRITI (concise)
2.5 hours, self-paced (online), for organisations
This succinct and powerful insight into Te Tiriti o Waitangi provides a great starting point for considering what Te Tiriti means today.
- Pre-treaty relationships
- Te Tiriti context and content
- Colonisation and its impacts
- Current issues and action
WHAT WILL YOU learn?
By the end of this workshop, you’ll:
- appreciate the historical and current relevance of Te Tiriti
- recognise some of the ongoing impacts of colonisation
- identify actions that you can take personally to uphold Te Tiriti.
WHAT will YOU RECEIVE?
Registering for this workshop, gives you 12 weeks’ access to:
- 2 hrs of presenter videos
- reflective activities
- downloadable copy of Te Tiriti
- a list of suggested readings and personal actions
- a completion certificate.
who's it for?
- This course is the concise version of our 5-hour self-paced workshop Understanding Te Tiriti (in-depth).
- This workshop is for anyone who is new to Te Tiriti and needs an overview, or who’s already done a Te Tiriti workshop and wants a refresher.
- Many organisations use this workshop as part of staff induction.
“The day one online learning was engaging, informative and well paced.”
“A safe, inclusive environment which allowed for good learning, reflection, lightness and sitting in the discomfort of the history, topic, impacts and our current situation.”
“I think it’s great. I would advocate for making it part of our induction package for new employees.”
“The pre-work and workshop [Understanding and Applying] were extremely valuable and a fantastic way to start our voyage in doing our part as an organisation to honour Te Tiriti in a more authentic and meaningful manner.”
Groundwork aims to make Te Tiriti education accessible for everyone. We have different rates for our workshops depending on what type of organisation you are. We also have a discount that applies if multiple workshop registrations are bought at the same time.
interested in what’s next?
After completing this course, organisations can continue to Stage 2: Applying Te Tiriti
Stage 2: applying
Once you have a foundational understanding of Te Tiriti, the critical next step is knowing its relevance and application to your work.
These workshops bring together our experience in applying Te Tiriti with your organisational knowledge to generate Te Tiriti honouring action.
applying te tiriti
Turn your understanding into action
- Self-paced or facilitated (online)
- Half day
APPLYING TE TIRITI (IN EDUCATION)
Bring Te Tiriti to life in your educational practice
- Self-paced (online)
- Half day
APPLYING TE TIRITI (IN HEALTH)
Improve health outcomes by honouring Te Tiriti
- Facilitated (online)
- 1 day
APPLYING TE TIRITI (SECTOR SPECIFIC)
Uphold Te Tiriti within your sector
- Facilitated (online or onsite)
- 1 day
Header photo courtesy of Archives New Zealand (2017)