APPLYING TE TIRITI IN EDUCATION
3 hours online, self-paced or facilitated
Designed for all those working in the education sector, this workshop provides an understanding of why honouring Te Tiriti is critical in education. It builds on the foundational learning gained in our Understanding Te Tiriti workshops and will support you to enhance your practice and fulfil your responsibilities.
- Overview of Te Tiriti context
- Issues in education – colonisation and inequity
- Te Tiriti honouring change in the education sector
- Te Tiriti in practice
WHAT WILL YOU learn?
By the end of this workshop, you’ll:
- know the relevance of Te Tiriti to the education sector
- understand the implications of Te Tiriti for education
- be empowered to apply your learning to your everyday mahi.
WHAT will YOU RECEIVE?
Registering for this workshop gives you six months’ access to:
- presenter videos
- activities to undertake as a group or individually
- a workbook containing the workshop presentation
- a list of suggested resources
- a downloadable completion certificate.
who's it for?
This workshop is for anyone working in the education sector – including teachers, boards of trustees and administrators. It is for those who have a foundational understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Before undertaking this workshop, you need to complete one of our Understanding Te Tiriti workshops
- We recommended you do an Understanding Te Tiriti workshop in the fortnight prior to this application workshop
- Planning your Rā Kaiako? For a one-day (6 hr) Te Tiriti in Education workshop combine Understanding Te Tiriti (concise) with Applying Te Tiriti in Education.
how does the self-paced workshop work?
Applying Te Tiriti in Education is available as a self-paced online workshop . The self-paced workshop provides a flexible and affordable approach where you manage your own learning experience.
The workshop is designed to be undertaken as a group either together in person or remotely. It can also be undertaken individually. As well as group discussions and activities, it includes videos, reflective activities and readings. It takes 3-4 hours to complete and can be undertaken in parts. You have access to the workshop for six months.
Each person who is registered for the workshop receives a login so they can access the workshop materials. When you meet as a group to undertake the workshop, one person screen shares the videos and you work through the content together. It is useful to decide in advance how notes of group discussions will be recorded.
“The workshop was extremely valuable and a fantastic way to start our voyage in doing our part as an organisation to honour Te Tiriti in a more authentic and meaningful manner.”
“The combination of breadth and depth covered! Really useful to have a session of actions and how we apply this learning in our work.”
“Taking an applied approach to what this means for our practice was very helpful.”
Groundwork aims to make Te Tiriti education accessible for everyone. A discount is applied if you buy multiple registrations at the same time. You also receive a discount if you purchase Stage 1 and 2 (Understanding and Applying) workshops together.
Upon payment, you will automatically be sent a username and password. From there, you will be able to immediately share access with your colleagues.
Note: please select the number of participants that will be taking the course.
online facilitated delivery
interested in what’s next?
After completing this course, organisations can continue to Stage 3: Embedding Te Tiriti
STAGE 3: EMBEDDING
This workshop builds off the organisational progress made since Stage 2. It provides a space to reflect on daily work and provides guidance around how to sustain action.
The workshop strengthens individual and collective practice to support the realisation of Te Tiriti commitments.
EMBEDDING TE TIRITI
Strengthen organisational action to uphold Te Tiriti
- Facilitated (online)
- 2.5 hrs