APPLYING TE TIRITI IN EDUCATION
2.5 hours, self-paced (online)
Designed for all those working in the education sector, this workshop provides an understanding of why honouring Te Tiriti is critical in education. It will support you to enhance your practice and fulfil your responsibilities.
- Overview of Te Tiriti context
- Issues in education – colonisation and inequity
- Te Tiriti honouring change in the education sector
- Te Tiriti in practice
WHAT WILL YOU learn?
By the end of this workshop, you’ll:
- know the relevance of Te Tiriti to the education sector
- understand the implications of Te Tiriti for education
- be empowered to apply your learning to your everyday mahi.
WHAT will YOU RECEIVE?
Registering for this workshop gives you 12 weeks’ access to:
- presenter videos
- activities to undertake as a group or individually
- a workbook containing the workshop presentation
- list of suggested resources
- a downloadable completion certificate
who's it for?
This workshop is for anyone working in the education sector – including teachers, boards of trustees and administrators. It is for those who have a foundational understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Before undertaking this workshop, you need to complete one of our Understanding Te Tiriti o Waitangi workshops
- We recommended you do an Understanding Te Tiriti workshop in the fortnight prior to this application workshop
how does the self-paced workshop work?
Applying Te Tiriti in Education is available as a self-paced online workshop . The self-paced workshop provides a flexible and affordable approach where you manage your own learning experience.
The workshop is designed to be undertaken individually, or as a group. Groups can be either together in person or remote, connected via a video call. The workshop includes videos, reflective activities and readings. It takes 3-4 hours to complete and can be undertaken in parts.
Upon registration, you will be provided with a login in order to access the workshop materials. You will have access to the workshop for 12 weeks.
“The workshop was extremely valuable and a fantastic way to start our voyage in doing our part as an organisation to honour Te Tiriti in a more authentic and meaningful manner.”
“The combination of breadth and depth covered! Really useful to have a session of actions and how we apply this learning in our work.”
“Taking an applied approach to what this means for our practice was very helpful.”
Upon payment, you will automatically be sent a username and password. From there, you will be able to immediately access the workshop content.
Te Tiriti Resources
hear about new workshops and resources