Rauemi | Resources
O8OOHAUMI: ALLIES IN ACTION
In March 2020, speakers from Aotearoa and around the world participated in an online conference, Te Tiriti Based Futures and Anti-Racism 2020. The webinars are now available online.
In the webinar 0800Haumi: Allies in Action, Julia Whaipooti (Ngāti Porou) and Jen Margaret (Pākehā) discussed what happens when Pākehā call on Māori for knowledge, support, work and advice etc.
Julia and Jen also discussed how Pākehā acting as haumi (allies) can respond and upskill in response to structural, overt or implicit racism.
Following the webinar, Jen and Julia responded in writing to the many questions that could not be answered live, for lack of time. These responses are available here: 0800HAUMI pātai.
If you want more background to this conversation, check out the other allies resources.
I want to:
LEARN MORE ABOUT TE TIRITI AND THE ACTIONS I CAN TAKE
- Te Tiriti readings and actions
- Working as allies – the book
- Discussion starters for allies
- 0800Haumi: Allies in action – Julia Whaipooti and Jen Margaret in conversation
- Tangata Tiriti Haumi: Allies in Health Webinar
- Ka Mua, Ka Muri: Understanding Te Tiriti Discussion Guide
- Haumi: Collective Hope, Action and Change in Challenging Times Webinar
GET GUIDANCE AND TOOLS FOR UPHOLDING TE TIRITI IN OUR ORGANISATION
KNOW MORE ABOUT WHAT PĀKEHĀ CAN DO TO ADDRESS INHERITED PRIVILEGE
- Land of the Long White Cloud – A documentary series that tells the stories of Pākehā who are confronting our colonial past and present.
- State of the Nation – Jen Margaret explores the necessity to unravel privilege, racism and colonisation, and suggests ways in which Pākehā might work to do so. Available as an essay or audio.
hear about new workshops and resources